Sunday, July 8, 2012

"Fifty Shades Darker" by E L James

Fifty Shades Darker (Fifty Shades #2)
by E L James
403 pages (nook book)

Short Version: Christian and Ana further explore their relationship as Ana learns more of Christian's past.

Why I Read It: The first book, Fifty Shades of Grey, left of with a very open ending so I had to find out what was going to happen.

The Book: (From Goodreads)
Daunted by the singular sexual tastes and dark secrets of the beautiful, tormented young entrepreneur Christian Grey, Anastasia Steele has broken off their relationship to start a new career with a Seattle publishing house.

But desire for Christian still dominates her every waking thought, and when he proposes a new arrangement, Anastasia cannot resist. They rekindle their searing sensual affair, and Anastasia learns more about the harrowing past of her damaged, driven and demanding Fifty Shades.

While Christian wrestles with his inner demons, Anastasia must confront the anger and envy of the women who came before her, and make the most important decision of her life.


My Thoughts: WARNING MAY CONTAIN CONTENT THAT IS NOT SUITABLE FOR THOSE UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE!
The second book in the trilogy picks up exactly where the first left off. It was like just starting the next chapter. Again, this book was ok just like the first. The writing is still not the greatest and some of it started to get repetitious, but I still enjoyed reading it.
I have to admit some of the scenes in the book had me gripping to know what was going to happen. With Leila, Jack and Elana things always seemed to get out of control. (I'm not going in to details so I don't spoil anything!)
It seemed that all of the sex scenes started to be the same. There are so many of them! The place and time where they do it may change but the descriptions and feelings conveyed were beginning to be the exact same every time. The same is with Christian and Ana's insecurities. They are constantly questioning each other's devotion. I understand that is part of who they are but it was getting a bit old towards the end.
Speaking of the end, the books could have finished after this one and everyone would have lived happily ever after. However, James had to add just a few more paragraphs of Jack, Ana's ex boss, trying to seek revenge. I'm just going to make a wild guess and say that is what book 3 will be about. I am wondering how it will turn out since the focus has really been on Christian's issues which have now been somewhat cleared up.
I liked Christian more in this book. Maybe because he is no longer a Dom with subs. I like his bossy attitude but he is also learning to control himself. I still enjoy Ana as well. For the most part she stands up for herself even when head over heals for Mr. Grey. Any girl that can hold her own is ok in my eyes.

Well I am on to the third book of Fifty Shades to see what it is about.

3/5 Stars

#12 in 2012 Ebook Challenge
Click here to see the full list


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! I appreciate all comments and will try to reply as soon as possible.