Thursday, March 29, 2012

Booking Through Thursday: Relating

This week's Booking Through Thursday asks...

From Ted: Are there any fictional characters whom you have emulated (or tried to)? Who and why?

From Sarah: What literary character do you feel is most like you personality-wise (explain)?

A: Hmm these are both questions that required some thinking. I don't know that I have really tried to imitate a character but I have learned things from characters. Examples: all the women in The Red Tent, especially Dinah, taught me more about the strength of being a woman. Books such as The Book Thief and How to Buy a Love of Reading reiterate my thoughts of anyone can read, enjoy it and appreciate it. Beach Music had many characters to show the importance of family. I have taken something from each of these books, and probably more, and kept it with me so I guess in a way that is emulating a character or characters.
I have not found one character that is like me personality wise, it is more of a mix. I'm bookish like Hermione (and any other character that travels everywhere with books), quiet & somewhat reserved like Letty from Bright Young Things series (I could never get on stage to sing like her though), a shopper like Becky from Shopaholic series however I'm a little better at budgeting than her. I'm sure there are more characters I could relate to, but I am having problems thinking of them.

So what about you- any characters that you emulated? and who have you found to be like you? Leave me a comment and let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting choices....I haven't read Beach Music yet, but it's sitting on my stacks! I think I'll promote it to the top....

    Here's MY THURSDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't really emulated any characters myself.

      http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/03/booking-through-thursday_29.html

      Delete

I love hearing from you! I appreciate all comments and will try to reply as soon as possible.